Updating Our Kidmin Wellness Policies and Procedures
As we begin to slowly reopen our children’s ministry, we are updating our wellness/sick policies. I wanted to share them in case your church is in this process as well. Our policies are a work in process, so I would also LOVE your input and know what you are doing. Please comment and let’s make this a collaboration!
Updated Wellness Policies
We ask that your child please not attend if:
- They have had a fever in the last 72 hours.
- They are exhibiting any symptoms of illness, including:
- Any flu-like symptoms
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- They have been exposed to someone with a positive Covid-19 diagnosis within the past 14 days.
Updated Wellness Procedures
- Volunteers will be temperature checked
- Small groups – 6 – 8 kids.
- Sanitizing in between services and alternating toys each serviceas much as possible
- Limiting shared supplies as much as possible.
- We will not be serving snack during our 45 minute service.
Sounds like a good plan. We had 2 Sunday’s where we had one class of kids, only 4 kids. Some Sundays in the sanctuary where families sat together we only had one or two kids at all. Then we had a conference over two weekends so no in person service. Then the virus hit our congregation big time, over 30 tested positive. So back to online. We are going to do a service in the park on the 16th. I have no idea when we can have kidsmin again.